Sunday, July 6, 2008

When the Tsunami hit...

I came across these words. I'm not sure of the source, but their content and message is profound:
When the Tsunami hit, it was the same thing, people poured out time and financial resources taking care of their fellow men.

When we focus on Christ during times of trials, we appreciate His suffering. We can have a clearer understanding of His love for us.

During my mom's battle with cancer we hung up this poster: ADVERSITY CAN MAKE YOU STRONGER.

We used to joke about how God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Being nine months pregnant with my second son, buying our home, dealing with despair can make you doubt, question everything...

Remember, throughout the scriptures there is a line of men and women who always seemed to keep their focus on Christ.

Remember: Heavenly Father isn't putting you through this, but bringing you through this.

These words spoke volumes to me today when I can across them. I'm grateful for the author, although I don't know who she is. And this is why I've decided to start my Book of Mormon Mama blog: I hope to provide comfort and encouragement for those who have been disallusioned and disappointed in life. Remember, Heavenly Father isn't putting you through this, but bringing you through.

The Book of Mormon provides this kind of hope and comfort for the disconsolate. Join me as I daily read in its pages and discover its serene message of hope and comfort in Jesus Christ.