Monday, July 14, 2008

What God Designs

I may be up all night getting ready for the movers to come tomorrow. But I read recently this quote and just had to post it.
There are many vessels that are destroyed after they have been molded and shaped. Why? Because they are not contented with the shape the potter has given them, but straightaway put themselves into a shape to please themselves; therefore they are beyond understanding what God designs, and they destroy themselves by the power of their own agency. [These people] have to go through a great many modellings and shapes, then... have to be glazed and burned; and even in the burning, some vessels crack (attributed to Heber C. Kimball).

I know that when I found my 11-week-old baby deceased in his crib, I definitely didn't like the "mold" the Potter had created for my life. But I'm learning that the Lord can be trusted in all things; and one day, His reasoning will be sure and clearly understood.

The next week or two we'll be on the road. I'll post as I can, but until next time have a blessed day!